Friday, November 9, 2012

I can't find a book on...so I will make one!

Therapy with children is a chance for a virtual creative Waterloo. Trying to locate a book for my specific child client about their specific issue is sometimes a nightmare. These specific apps for the iPad can transform a therapeutic practice with children in two ways. First, as a therapist, I can create my own books specific to the issues I see most often in my practice. I can base the books on evidence based practice and research on the topic made into kid friendly books. The second way to integrate this app is to have the children develop their own book on the topic. They can choose the characters and the lessons for them to learn. Today's digitally savvy kids will be engaged at a whole new level!

http://appsfor4th.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Puppet-Pals-for-iPhone.png
             Visualize                                      Puppet Pals                              Toontastic

Link to Resource:

Digital Storytelling Apps

Using the Computer:

My Story Telling

Lego Comic Builder

No comments:

Post a Comment