- 93% of teens ages 12-17 go online, as do 93% of young adults ages 18-29.
- 75% of Gen Y have created a profile on a social networking site.
- 1 in every 5 Gen Y have posted a video of themselves online.
- 41% of Gen Y use only a cell phone and have no landline.
- Over half of YouTube’s users are under 20 years old.
- 53% of the total blogging population is 21-35 years old.
Pew Research Center 2010 report, Millennials: A Portrait of Generation Next
YouTube via Danny Brown
Sysomos 2010 report via Mashable
Schembri, A. M. (2008). Www.Why-social-workers-need-to-embrace-Web2.0.com.au. Australian Social Work, 61(2), 119-123. doi:10.1080/03124070801998376